IN THE HIGH COURT FOR THE STATES OF PUNJAB AND HARYANA AT CHANDIGARH
C.R. No.2288 of 2016 (O&M)
Date of Decision.31.03.2016
Harpinder Kaur …….Petitioner
Taranjit Kaur and others ……..Respondents Present:
Mr. Ferry Sofat, Advocate
for the petitioner.
CORAM:HON’BLE MR. JUSTICE K. KANNAN
- Whether Reporters of local papers may be allowed to see the judgment ?
- To be referred to the Reporters or not ?
- Whether the judgment should be reported in the Digest?
K. KANNAN J. (ORAL)
- In the order passed, I make only a modification allowing for the expert to be brought before the local commissioner appointed by the Court on 11.04.2016 instead of 01.04.2016. In so doing, I must also record my observation that it will be impermissible for party to appear through any person other than a local practitioner. An expert who is not a legal practitioner will not be permitted to cross-examine. At best, the counsel or the party may secure the assistance of the expert to put questions to the expert who has already been examined and will not allow the expert who is not an advocate or a legal practitioner to carry out the cross-examination before the local
- I dispense with notice to the respondents and modify the order already passed as above. The revision petition is disposed
(K. KANNAN) JUDGE
March 31, 2016